The building will demonstrate the universal accessibility standards and also become a reference point for architects, contractors and builders in Ghana in exemplifying standards for building designs for persons with disabilities.
The facility will include:
- ICT Centre for persons with disabilities including a Research Unit and Library.
- Screening and Assessment Section where early detection of disability related problems will be conducted by specialist health service providers for referral to health facilities in Ghana.
- Education and Training Hub where interested persons with disabilities from our cross disability Self-help Groups and grassroots Organisations of People with Disabilities will receive capacity building support including literacy and numeracy skills training.
- A Conference Centre and Outdoor Space to hold meetings, periodic lectures and social activities.
- Lodging for volunteers who will be engaged by VOICE GHANA, and also for stranded disabled travellers, and
- Office Space for VOICE GHANA staff.
The project site was graciously donated to VOICE GHANA by the Moderator of the Evangelical Presbyterian (E.P) Church, Ghana in 2011. The John Moller Foundation in Denmark and Friends of VOICE, Denmark, under the auspices of Mrs. Kirsten Bunch Moller are providing some funding for the building.
Expressing your support for the creation of this Disability Resource and Learning Centre will emphasize your commitment to good social cause.
Your contribution will be recognized in the annals of the Funders of the Centre and on our website including other social media links. Kindly, CLICK HERE to make your donations in cash or kind (i.e. building materials) or send us a quick email through: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com to discuss your donation.